Few tips and tricks before attending a festival
Festivals are the perfect time to let loose, enjoy music, fashion and the great outdoors. But before you hit the festival grounds, it’s important to know a few things that can make all the difference in having an unforgettable experience. So, here are 20 things everyone needs to know before attending a festival, and a few tips on how to look fabulous while doing it!
Tips and tricks
- Research the festival: Check out the festival’s website, social media pages, and hashtags to get an idea of what the vibe is like and what to expect.
- Buy tickets early: Don’t wait until the last minute to buy your tickets, you could miss out on a great deal, or even worse, miss the festival altogether.
- Dress to impress: Festivals are all about both Women’s and Men’s fashion, so don’t be afraid to show off your style. Think hooded flowing cardigans, Edgy leather jackets, bold onesies and accessories that can make you stand out in a crowd.
- Sunscreen is your friend: Don’t forget to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Choose a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, and reapply every few hours.
- Stay hydrated in style: Carry a reusable water bottle with you, and find a fashionable one that can complement your festival outfit.
- Comfortable shoes are a must: You’ll be doing a lot of walking and dancing, so make sure you wear comfortable shoes that you can move in.
- Bring cash: Although some festivals may have ATMs, it’s always a good idea to bring cash with you for food, drinks, and souvenirs.
- Keep your hands free by carrying a small backpack or wear clothes with zippered pockets to hold your essentials.
- Familiarize yourself with the festival map: Don’t miss out on the action, take some time to explore the festival grounds by checking out the festival map.
- Arrive early to beat the crowds: Get to the festival early and avoid the long lines, so you can start enjoying the festival as soon as possible.
- Don’t forget your ID: Some festivals require ID for entry, so don’t forget to bring it with you. You wouldn’t want to miss out on the fun!
- Know the festival schedule: Check out the festival schedule, so you can plan your day and make sure you don’t miss your favorite bands or activities.
- Protect your hearing with earplugs: Loud music can damage your hearing, so don’t forget to bring earplugs to protect your ears.
- Respect others’ personal space: Although festivals can be crowded, it’s important to respect other people’s personal space and avoid getting too close.
- Stay safe: Keep an eye on your surroundings, and if you see anything suspicious, notify festival security. Also, don’t forget to stay hydrated and wear sunscreen to protect yourself from the elements.
- Keep your phone charged: You don’t want to miss out on capturing memories, so make sure your phone is charged or bring a portable charger.
- Be prepared for the weather: Check the weather forecast, so you can dress accordingly and bring the right gear such as a raincoat or jacket.
- Bring snacks to keep your energy up: Festivals can be exhausting, so bring some snacks to keep your energy levels up.
- Know where the bathrooms are: Make sure you know where the bathrooms are, so you can avoid getting lost or waiting in long lines.
- Be eco-friendly: Festivals often take place in natural areas, so be respectful of the environment by disposing of trash properly and avoiding littering.
Whether it’s your first time or you are a seasoned veteran, the most important thing to remember is to have fun and enjoy your time. You earned it! By preparing properly you will eliminate unnecessary stress and worry and be able focus on what you came for!